3-month Acupuncture and Moxibustion Program of Advanced Level is offered to health care providers graduated from a medical university or college, or licensed in their countries or regions, or with certain practical experience and with minimum high school education. This course intends to strengthen participants' understanding of theories of traditional Chinese medicine and enhance the TCM treatment skills. Combine theory with practice; classroom lectures with clinical practice is to be followed. Apart from the traditional way of learning of sitting through classes, participants also get valuable opportunity to follow with TCM teachers at local clinic.
Program Schedules and Dates
|15 Mar -
|15 Sep -
- University comprehensive TCM training in English
- Clinical Probation to consolidate knowledge learned
- Intensive TCM training: 6 hours/day & 30 hours/week
- Full immersion into the Chinese culture
Lectures in classroom, coaching in groups, clinical practice, lectures on a special topic and visits to hospitals will be undertaken so as to consolidate the acquired knowledge and technique.
Curriculums are designed to enable participants to have a comprehensive understanding of basic theories of Traditional Chinese Medicine and treatment skills after the study. Classes are divided into morning and afternoon sections.
electives of Taiji, Qigong, Yangsheng Gong are available on campus and are free to enroll.
|8:30am – 11:40am (Mon – Fri)
|2:30pm – 5:30pm (Mon – Fri)
Based upon the original theory of traditional Chinese medicine, the emphasis is placed upon the following contents:
1. Yin Yang and Five Elements: Supplement of the origins and development of the theory of Yin Yang and Five Elements, with emphasis upon the divorce and equilibrium of Yin Yang and their application in acupuncture.
2. Zang Fu: Principal introduction to the relations between Zang and Fu as well as the relations among qi, Blood and Body Fluids.
3. Etiology: Principal introduction to the clinical manifestations of the disease caused by six exogenous pathogenic factors.
4. Four Diagnostic Methods: Principal introduction to the pulse diagnosis, with emphasis upon the pulse feeling, and 5 additional pulse conditions are introduced on the basis of the original 12.
5. Differentiation: 1. Supplement of the differentiation of Zang Fu Organs being both diseased and differentiation according to the theory of Qi and Blood.
2. Techniques of acupuncture and moxibustion: Supplement of some ancient acupuncture techniques.
3. Channels and Shu Points: Lectures on the main contents of the channel system (including the divergent channels and muscle channels), introduction to all the 361 points of the 14 channels (including the original 170 points) and 40 extraordinary points.
4. General principles of treatment: Supplement of the treating principles, treating methods and prescriptions.
5. Treatment of the clinical diseases: Supplement of commonly encountered diseases in clinic.
Teaching Purpose and Requirements
Through three months study, the participants will be able to acquire a complete understanding of basic theories of traditional Chinese medicine, a systematic knowledge of channels and collaterals and a perfect mastery of about 250 points and the clinical techniques of acupuncture in relation to the differentiation, methods of treatment and prescriptions of 40 common diseases and some difficult diseases according to the theories of traditional Chinese medicine.
The 1st period: 3 weeks (from the 1st to the 3rd week)
The participants are required to have a brief understanding of the development of acupuncture and a complete knowledge of the basic theories of traditional Chinese medicine.
The 2nd period: 3 weeks (from the 4th week to the 6th week).
The participants are required to have a systematic understanding of channels and a further mastery of about 250 points and acupuncture techniques through the practice.
The 3rd period: 7 weeks (from the 7th to the 13th week)
1. Through clinical practice, the participants are required to have a perfect knowledge of the treating principles, treating methods and the basic principles for prescription and selection of the points, and a relatively perfect mastery of the commonly used points and acupuncture techniques, in relation to the clinical treatment of about 40 diseases. The participants are also required to deepen their understanding of some acupuncture theories through the lectures on special topics.
Evaluation and Certificates
With a view to ensuring the teaching quality, appropriate examinations will be held in the middle and at the end of the training course. Diplomas will be issued to the participants who pass the examination successful.
Allied Gateway arranges free airport arrival-pick-up service for program participants. Our staff will meet you at the arrival gate after you get your luggage and take you to your accommodation. You need to provide us with correct flight information – flight number / flight date 2 weeks before your program starts. To make sure smooth transition, you will be provided with Allied Gateway contact number before you come to China in case of last minute changes.
Allied Gateway selects accommodations carefully for security, convenience and comfort. Program Fee varies depending on the accommodation selected. Accommodation options include:
All rooms are furnished with bed, desk, chair, lamp, telephone, air-conditioner and private bathroom. Hot water available in the morning and evening.
Guest House Single
Single occupancy standard room available. The rooms are well furnished with bed, TV, telephone, fridge, private bathroom, desk and air-conditioner. Guest house facilities include laundry, gym and daily house-keeping.
Stay with a Chinese family. You will have your private room fully furnished with air-conditioner, bed, desk, chair and closet. Shared facilities include bathroom, kitchen, TV and others. Breakfast and dinner included.
What Is Included
Study with Allied Gateway, it is not university training only you are receiving. A lot more are covered by Allied Gateway Study in Guangzhou Programs:
- Weekend sightseeing excursions, cultural workshops's, social activities and electives
- Airport arrival-pick-up
- Orientation package
- Map of Guangzhou and China
- Small Chinese-English and English-Chinese dictionary
- Optional mobile card & pre-paid card
- Map of campus and the area
- Map of Guangzhou metro
- English/Chinese menu
- 24-hour/7-day emergency card with staff info
- Mailing address in both English & Chinese
- Survival Chinese booklet
- Orientation campus and the area tour
- Bank account setting-up
- Mobile purchasing
- Visa obtaining support
- Money exchange assistance
- Assistance with travel plans and arrangements
- 24-hours/7-days emergency support
- On-site on going assistance from Allied Gateway
How to Apply
To apply, you need to meet requirements below
1. Above 18 years old
2. Be a high school graduate
3. Be in good health
For fees, please click here.
For more information on How to Apply, please click here.
For Application Form, please click here.
If you wish to study at other time than scheduled, please contact Allied Gateway.